Monday, March 1, 2010

How I love my food processor !

I found myself making burgers this weekend and craving a home made slaw that wasn't too heavy with creamy ingredients. After a quick search I found a recipe for an Edamame Slaw. 

Out came the food processor!

It made quick work of shredding cabbage, carrots, yellow bell pepper and celery. In another bowl I mixed honey with apple cider vinegar and lots of pepper. These went on my vegetables (along with some thawed shelled Edemame) and after a little time in the fridge I had what I was looking for:



While I had the machine out I made quick work of a few other vegetables I plan on using in a "Faux Pot Pie" - a variation on a recipe I found in Clean Eating Magazine. Turnip, leeks, carrots, fennel and celery all went into a plastic bag for later in the week. I would have done onion as well but I tend to buy chopped frozen onion now to save time on all my dishes. 

Half the fennel got saved for another dish; a variation on Minestrone which Ill get to next!

No comments:

Post a Comment