Monday, April 29, 2013

Italian Sausage Stew

I know most people would put all this on pasta but I gave up pasta along with grains, soy and all dairy except for grass-fed butter. I do cheat but I don't waste my time on pasta ... let's just get to the good stuff already!

I started with some onions:


I also diced a few bell peppers as well. These all went in a pot with just enough water to not actually cover the food. These cooked up nicely after about 5 min on high. It gets the peppers and onions soft without having to sit there and watch the pot while I chop up other stuff:


They will get a little pan fried after I dump out most of the water and add some oil. Speaking of other stuff to chop up, I went with some jarred marinated artichoke hearts and sun dried tomatoes:


I threw in some regular diced tomatoes I had in the fridge because.. well, I love tomatoes! Everything goes in the pot:


Add plenty of garlic roughly chopped up and some that's been pushed through the garlic press. After that I  added some jarred tomato sauce. You could do tomato puree and add your own spices but I was going for quick and easy:


And of course who can forget these beauties:


I went with spicy hot Italian sausage that I cooked up in another saute pan. I decided I didn't want sausage chunks and so threw it in a food processor for about 8-10 pulses. Into the pot it goes ! Once everything has had a chance to simmer (as long as you can stand to wait or about 10-20 min) it is ready to eat!





No comments:

Post a Comment